Sharing book love
LoveReading4Kids is the biggest and best recommendation site for children’s books. Our passion for children’s books ranges from toddlers to teens and ensures that whatever the age, whatever the interest, that you have a steady stream of brilliant book recommendations for your child. Created in the same successful format of our original book recommendation website, LoveReading we offer a variety of FREE services for parents and anyone who is interested in buying the best books for boys and girls of all ages. We also have LoveReading4Schools to support parents, teachers and school librarians in helping engender that life-long love of reading in children.
After changing ownership in 2017, the entire LoveReading brand has been given a fresh coat of paint. We’ve kept all of the unique features that are loved by our community as well as adding a few more features for our users to enjoy. This includes our brand new KIDS’ ZONE, an area designed specifically for children, using the feedback of our current subscribers, with competitions, quizzes and additional book related content.
You can subscribe to our personalised newsletters which help you keep up to date with the latest and greatest book releases while receiving recommendations tailored to you. Sign up and select your preferences by registering with us today and receive our newsletters filled with the latest book recommendations in the categories of your choice.
Sign up and have access to the Opening Extract of our Featured Books, read our exclusive online book reviews by our Reader Review Panel and Editorial Experts. Your information will remain confidential to the LoveReading brand and will not be passed on to any third parties.
Supporting Your Child’s Reading
Finally, we all know that reading is fundamental to the development of children. Countless research shows the links between good reading skills from an early age and future success in life. However we also know it can be hard to get children really excited by books given the many other exciting leisure time activities fighting for their attention. Obviously having books they like is a great start but here are a few terrific tips for nurturing your child’s interest in reading:
- Reading should be a shared experience between parent and child in order to ensure a love of books from an early age.
- Ensure your child sees you reading regularly whether it’s a book, a newspaper or a magazine as it will instil a love of reading for pleasure.
- Let your child help you choose the books you read together. If your child doesn’t like a book, don’t force him or her to read it. Let them put it down and come back to it after reading something else.
- Read in a place that’s comfortable for both you and your child. During and after reading a book talk about the story and take time to discuss the ideas in the book in order to ensure a greater understanding.
- Give your child plenty of praise while reading. If they have a favourite book or author let them read them again and again but also introduce an author or book similar in style. Our Like-for-Like feature will help here.
- Parents can enjoy online time with children as much as watching TV with them. Specialist websites like LoveReading4Kids are not only fun for online browsing, but have developed specialist tools such as the facility to download free Opening Extracts and search our author If They’ll Like…They’ll Love function.
- Many of today’s parents are not aware that there are whole rafts of children’s books written by great authors especially for them. These days, children don’t have to be forced to read Dickens or Bronte. Harry Potter is not alone!
- Above all, make reading fun.